Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sensory Overload in Venice

The Grand Canal
Jaw dropping beauty, colors as intense as thick paint, yet as subtle as a misty morning. No cars, yet waterways as streets, allowing a slower pace of life. Everywhere I looked was a potential painting, an indulgence in the senses. I remember not wanting to sleep, not wanting to waste a minute of this completely new experience. From sunrise to sunset, walking through narrow streets lined with a surprise around every corner. This is Venice.

The writing in my blog for Venice will be brief, as the visuals tell the story. If you’ve ever considered traveling to Venice, don’t wait. Do it now.


Clotheslines in Italy became my new fascination...





...and this pistacchio cookie became my new addiction.



How Robert and I started our day, and every day, in Italy






Rialto Market



View from our room







 A typical "street" in Venice, where gondoliers and water taxis would pass








 View from our first dinner in Venice


Our first tiramisu...forgot to photograph it before we ate it all!






No comments:

Post a Comment